Jewish families in Pensacola began organized worship following the Civil War. On this site in 1876 the First Permanent Jewish House of Worship in Florida was erected. The original small wooden structure burned in 1895 and was replaced by a masonry structure which burned in 1929. Temple Beth El relocated to N. Palafox Str., its present day location, in 1931
Historic Plaque Jerry Klinger President of JASHP, Rodney Rich, President of Temple Beth El, Rabbi David Ostrich at plaque dedication. Temple Beth El celebrated 125 years in Pensacola, May 12, 2001.